Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yoga Challenge

Happy Tuesday! I've been participating in a 40 day yoga challenge with Eoin Finn, a Vancouver based yoga teacher who has DVDs and podcasts for those of us that don't live on the west coast. This is actually my second yoga challenge with him but i just felt so good after the first one, i figured i'd just keep going. I've know about Eoin for about 5 years now, since my days as a Lululemon educator (you can buy his DVDs at Lululemon as well as on his website). I personally have always been a fan of him as a DVD instructor because he really pushes you mentally and physically with a real sense of flow. Since i enjoy yoga so much i figured i'd talk about it a little bit here and there and also what i'm wearing while doing it to kind of trouble shoot my athletic wardrobe.
Today i went for a run with my dog and then did Eoin's Tuesday Blissology DVD. Today i was wearing head to toe Lululemon. The pieces I wore were the wunder under crop, the scoop neck tank and the shape jacket. This outfit was great for both purposes, although i didn't end up needing the shape jacket on my sunny run. I love the wunder under tights and wear them for pretty much any activity, i find the tank to be quite supportive and flattering. These pictures above are all from Lululemon's website. They are a little pricey compared to some other athletic brands but i firmly believe that you get what you pay for, i've had the crops and the jacket for upwards of 4 years now and they are still in "new" condition.
This is how i know that my strength has greatly improved after the first 40 day challenge, i can do the majority of the more advanced poses with ease whereas before i was lucky if i could do them at all.
My dog is a great work out buddy, she is also a fan of downward dog.
what a pretty girl :)
Then we are both take a rest on the porch. Hope you all had a sweaty, relaxing Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Umm you're amazing! That pose is ridiculous! I can't believe you can do that it's crazy!! When I get back can we play lots! Cause I miss you! And you can teach me some good yoga moves! I go to a Yoga class down here now! You inspired me to try it!

    ReplyDelete