Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Paint Job

Well Hello!

It's been so long and I've missed you! I haven't blogged for almost a year, mostly because i didn't have anything exciting going on at all. Lately I've been trying to spruce up my house with more "permanent" furniture pieces because a lot of what we have right now is kind of garbage...... So, i got this cabinet off of kijiji for $60, it was painted this boring brown color over top of a pretty wood that had a lot of potential. My first thought was so sand/strip it down to the wood and then re-stain but i ended up painting it a soft, light grey. Here is the before:

And the after shot <3 I can't wait to accessorize the shelves and pretty up the whole thing a bit!

I still haven't decided if it's staying in the room (upstairs living room). I need to get rid of this dark wall color beside it because it's really throwing me off. Also, i was thinking of painting the backs of the shelves a different color..... let me know what you
think.

Hope you had a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute cabinet!! As always you do cute things to not so cute things!! That's why when I come back I'm getting your input for my house!!! By the way I'm glad you are back to blogging!! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete