Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our house, in the middle of the street

Well, if you live in my neighborhood, you'd know that all the houses are very plain and similar. Then there's my house, blue siding with navy trim and a red door. I'm all for being "different" but it's not like my house is being noticed for beautiful stone work or landscaping. It's being noticed for strange color combinations, so i decided that needed to change. I wanted it to look like it belongs with all the other houses but still stands out for looking well taken care of (because it certainly wasn't before).
Here's what we did: we replaced the peeling navy with white, painted the pillars that were peeling and chipping, painted the door (which use to be an oil based paint) and painted the peeks of the house from navy to the same color as the door (Phantom Mist by Pittsburgh Paints).
AFTER

BEFORE - please take note of the beige and white houses on either side of me.

4 comments:

  1. AHHH I love it! It looks so good!! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks gorgeous! Beautiful color choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house, it is so charming! Your changes made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete